Since 2008: Risk and Business Development Consultancy (Long term assignments). Customers include:
- GEM Containers, UK (over 5 years): Asset management company (over $100m of value). Chief Risk Officer functions, including Enterprise Risk Management (counterparty analysis, collections, billing and Strategy Risk Management (Competitors’ analysis, Strategy, Macro analysis of the environment). Valuation of company for M&A; Preparation of investors’ kit for growth/refinancing. System maintenance; Strategy & Business Development. Business Plan.
- Euler Hermes, France (3 years): Leading Group in credit insurance, collection, bonding. In-depth research on large multi-national customers in order to understand the main risks they face and provide them with tailored sales solutions to help to mitigate risks. Ultimately, the function contributes to positioning Euler Hermes as both an expert and long-term partner. Underlying Global Advisor approach is to help sales force by providing the tools to adapt offers to actual situation. Nominated as best idea of the year 2015; Created a new cooperation model with Allianz in mitigating risks through joint package solutions; Part of the Customer Centricity initiative as the Global Advisor approach has been retained as the best way to understand customers’ needs for multinationals.
- AON Risk Solutions, Switzerland (6 months): Insurance Broker. Goal to address Risk needs for large Swiss customers (Underwriting, scoring, macro environment, benchmarking) and issues on IFRS9/15 (calculation of bad debt provisions). Working capital optimization. Bonding.
- Danske Commodities A/S, Denmark (over 5 years): Energy trading. In charge of the scoring and the creditworthiness analysis of all counterparts (approx. 200 customers), using own scoring matrix.Also in charge of macroeconomic and benchmarking analysis.Credit Director.
- Global-Risk Management A/S, Denmark (4 years): Bunker trading. In charge of the scoring and the creditworthiness analysis of all counterparts (approx. 200 customers), using own scoring matrix. Credit Director.
- SeaAxis Ltd, UK (3 years): Container leasing. Chief Risk Officer functions (ERM and SRM). Vice President Risk, Corporate.
- Miscellaneous: Other ad-hoc customers, including Maersk in Denmark, CMA CGM in France, Global Ports investments in Cyprus, etc.
GE Capital, London - Chief Risk Officer: From 1996 to 2008, I have been the Chief Risk Officer of GE SeaCo, a subsidiary of GE Capital. In charge of Business Development and Strategy and responsible for a portfolio of approximately 700 customers in over 90 countries. About 30 direct reports.
L'Oréal, Paris - Internal auditor: From 1994 to 1996 I reviewed and led analysis of financial reporting and internal procedures to comply with head office norms, Identified financial and operational productivity improvement opportunities. Assignments in Asia, Europe and Americas."
Hoechst, Montréal - Financial Controller: From 1992 to 1994, I was in charge of the financial reporting to the German, French and American shareholders, quarterly indicators, three-year budget.
Mercuria, Paris – Economist:From 1990 to 1992 I developed and implemented an econometric model to forecast crop yield in Côte d’Ivoire and worldwide. Performed daily market forecasts to provide market intelligence to traders. Market intelligence. Weekly economic studies for cocoa department.